2017 WINTER ADMINISTRATOR LEADERSHIP PROGRAM
February 27 - March 3, 2017
3 Park Home Ave.
North York, ON M2N 6L3
Program highlights are listed below. For more information contact Stuart Sweeney, Education Manager.
Application Form - Now Available
Full Brochure - Now Available
How to Apply
- Review the Course Fee, Deposit and Cancellation Policies.
- Complete the application form (note there are two sides to the application form) included with the brochure or via the link above.
- Include a cheque, complete the Visa information or indicate “bill me.”
- Forward to: Stuart Sweeney, Education Manager. Please note that applications are taken on a first-come, first served basis.
OANHSS Member (includes accommodations) - $3,294
OANHSS Member (accommodations not required) - $2,565
Non-Member (includes accommodations) - $3,789
Non-Member (accommodations not required) - $3,060
All fees must be paid by January 13, 2017 to guarantee enrollment status (subject to acceptance)
What's Included in the Fee
- Six-day training course.
- Six breakfasts, six lunches, two dinners (Sunday and Thursday).
- Extensive course materials and handouts.
- Delegate bag.
- Single accommodation (room and taxes) for five nights at the Novotel Hotel for the nights of Sunday February 27 - Thursday March 2 (inclusive). OANHSS will book the accommodations for all participants.(Should you not need accommodations, please select the registration fee without accommodations on the application form.)
What’s NOT Included In the Fee
- Parking charges to attend program.
- Transportation costs to and from course.
- Dinner on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday night.
- Incidentals at the hotel (phone-calls etc.).
- Saturday February 26, 2017 accommodations. You must book and pay for this additional night yourself. Please call 416-733-2929 before January 22, 2017. A block of rooms under the name OANHSS is on hold for Saturday night. The room rate is $129 + taxes.
Deposit/Payment of Fees
1. Once an offer of admission into the program has been received, payment of a non-refundable $500 course deposit is required in order to be registered and enrolled in the program. This deposit is due upon receipt of invoice. Deposits are non-refundable and may not be transferred to another program.
2. The balance of the course fee, and hotel accommodation (if applicable) is due no later than 45 days prior to the start of the program (January 13, 2017), or upon enrollment if enrolling after January 13, 2017. Full payment must be received by January 13, 2017 to guarantee enrollment status.
The Ontario Association of Non-Profit Homes and Services for Seniors reserves the right to cancel this program due to insufficient registration or circumstances beyond our control. Cancellation by an applicant by January 13, 2017, is subject to a full refund less the $500 non-refundable deposit. No refunds will be issued for cancellations after January 13, 2017.
The OANHSS Administrator Leadership Program offers a six-day intensive learning opportunity focused on the core competencies for long term care home administrators. This program meets the requirement for administrators of 100 hours of instruction time in long term care home administration/management under the Long Term Care Homes Act, 2007*.
*For full details on administrator requirements under the Long-Term Care Homes Act, 2007, see sections 212 (4)(5) and (6) of O. Reg 79/10.
This is a six-day intensive opportunity for you to totally immerse yourself in a program devoted to:
- Enhancing your leadership capabilities.
- Expanding your professional knowledge.
- Teaching new skills and approaches.
- Enhancing your professional relationships with colleagues.
The program content focuses on developing personal excellence in:
- Facility, program and community leadership
- Ethics and values in management
- Information systems management
- Effective communication
- Cognitive disorders
- Internal operations and project management
- Legal and regulatory accountability
- Financial planning and fiscal control
- Care management
- Client-centred care
Who Should Take This Program?
This program is targeted to individuals working in the long term care home sector (non-profit and for-profit) and to staff working in other areas of the long term care continuum, such as community services or supportive housing. It will be of interest to those who are relatively new to or who are aspiring to administrator positions, as well as those who have significant long term care experience.
Consent to use of photographic images:
Registration and attendance in OANHSS educational events constitutes an agreement by the registrant to OANHSS’ use and distribution of the registrants image in photographs.
“An excellent experience, well worth the time and money.”
“I feel this program will be of great value to me in my professional career.”
“Well done. One of the best educational forums I've been to. I've got a list of 70+ individuals ideas to work!”
“Even for an old time in the business for a long time, I have learned more from my fellow students that I can easily take back to the workplace. I enjoyed it thoroughly.”
“The networking at this course is unbelievable! So much was learned in the classroom and through networking.”
“Some things are so simple. I kept thinking, "Why didn't I think of that!" Will try to incorporate some of the ideas into our workplace.”
“This was a fantastic experience with exceptional speakers and sound practical knowledge that can be used in many situations. Thank you for the opportunity.”
“I now feel that I have some solid structural underpinnings to build my management career on.”