June 11, 2012
8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Seven Oaks, Toronto
Members - $199
Non Members - $219
When injuries and illness occur, getting employees back to safe and
productive work as soon as possible is critical. In this expanded
full-day session*, you will learn how to effectively manage WSIB claims
and return to work programs, and reduce WSIB compensation costs. Sector
experts will guide you through the issues and challenges of
claims/disability management as well as provide you with the tools and
insights to help you successfully manage your claims.
This full day workshop will cover:
- Claims management from the date of injury to return to normal
- Duty to Accommodate: What to do and what not to do.
- Job offers and return to work plans: How to make them effective and
in compliance with new WSIB expectations.
- Employer and employee obligations, roles and responsibilities under
the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act.
- Return to work program development: policy, forms, flowchart and
- Workwell Audits.
- Disability management.
* This workshop builds upon the recent Managing Workplace Accidents
& Injuries webinar.
- Senior Managers/Department Heads
- Human Resources staff
- Staff responsible for workplace safety
Sandy Bassett, Executive Director, The Wexford
Jason Mandlowitz, Vice President Consulting
Services, Hicks Morley
Gord VanClieaf, Manager Return to Work, Workplace
Safety and Insurance Board